Chickpea flour is one of my favorite ingredients to use for gluten-free cookies. Yes, it’s a bit higher in carbs than coconut flour or almond flour, but the texture is much closer to that of wheat-based cookies. These cookies adapt well to being sugar-free, and make a great healthy gamer snack. They’re not overly sweet, so you can eat a few, without feeling the need to eat the whole batch!
Notes on Baking Sugar Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten free, nut free):
- I like to use a silicone baking mat in lieu of parchment paper. I don’t think they stick to the pan without it, but it really makes cleanup so easy.
- Unlike baking with sugar, these cookies won’t be quite as chewy, but will still be delicious!
- You can make these cookies less puffy by omitting the baking powder, and by increasing the amount of chickpea flour to 2 whole cups.
- If you don’t have almond extract, don’t worry! It’s not totally necessary, but adds a nice layer of flavor into the mix.
- You can substitute the coconut oil for any non-dairy butter substitute, though I promise, you can’t really taste the coconut.
- Chickpea flour has a decent amount of protein in it, which is awesome!
- If sugar free chocolate chips are hard to find, you can always just chop up a bar of dark chocolate.